Monday, October 24, 2011

Fall at Rock Creek Cemetery, Washington DC

If you have read any of my earlier posts on this blog, you would know that Rock Creek Cemetery in Washington DC is the inspiration for my desire to shoot cemeteries and there amazing graves stones.   I went to Rock Creek Cemetery years ago to see the below famous "Adams Memorial" designed by the famous sculptor Augustus Saint-Gaudens.   On today's visit, a rose and the memorial was never looking better.  For more about the memorial and whose memory it was built for, check out this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adams_Memorial_(grave_marker)






In 2008 Washington lost a great journalist Tim Russert.  I have been to cemetery a number of times since his death, but hadn't until today come across his grave.   Sunday mornings are still not the same without Tim Russert anchoring "Meet the Press"


This is one of my favorite graves.  It's called the Goff Memorial, and it's always like an old friend is greeting me back to my favorite cemetery.


This was sad to see.   I have photographed (below) this right after New Years, and got a lot of great responses to the photo on flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dcscorpio/5316816483/)  the years hasn't been good for this statue, as you can see below.  


No comments:

Post a Comment